Regional Vice President - External Wholesaler
|Posted:||Jul 25 2017|
|Company:||Preferred Capital Securities|
Regional Vice President - External Wholesaler, Northern CA
Preferred Apartment Communities is looking for an External Wholesaler to cover our Northern California region. Preferred Apartment Communities is currently offering $2B in Redeemable Preferred Stock and Warrants to the Independent Broker/Dealer and RIA channels. The Regional Vice President will partner with an internal wholesaler to drive new relationships and business development in a specific territory with an established run rate.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB RESULTS:
• Works to increase sales within region by developing and maintaining new and existing relationships with third party distributors which include wirehouses, regional broker/dealers, independent financial planners, registered investment advisors, banks and insurance companies.
• Conducts the following programs to develop these relationships and promote products: group broker/dealer product and market training sessions, client seminars, broker/dealer conferences and annual meetings, relationship building with sales management at key firms.
• Works in coordination with Internal Sales Consultant, providing direction for Internal Sales Consultant’s outbound sales call campaigns and strategic territory coverage.
• Maintains high activity level of face-to-face selling which requires four to five days per week in the field.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
• Coordinates joint sales efforts, including new product launches and inclusion in wrap fee programs with focus firms within region.
• Responds to inquiries and resolves problems of a complex nature with key regional representatives and firms.
• Stays current and up-to-date with market, economic and industry trends, as well as competitor products.
• Maintains a detailed level of knowledge of products and services.
• Supplies input concerning industry developments and client needs for incorporation into company’s strategic marketing decisions.
• Operates a regional budget by making appropriate allocations to maximize sales opportunities while staying within annual regional expense limit. Submits expense reimbursement reports in a timely manner.
• Prepares an annual regional business plan.
• Work requires extensive travel and includes evening and weekend hours.
• Requires high activity level of face-to-face selling.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB;
• FINRA Series 6 and 63 required, Series 7 preferred.
• Four year college degree required; MBA preferred (finance, marketing, or economics).
• 3 – 5 years mutual financial sales experience required; external sales strongly preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and relationship building skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent group presentation and financial sales skills.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Must reside within assigned geographic territory.
• Must have ability to travel overnight approximately 80% of time.